Monday, July 21, 2008

Teach firefox how to get back and what to select

I think it is pretty annoying, that clicking in the urlbar in firefox doesn't select anything by default. The next annoyance is that backspace won't bring you back the the previous page.

Every time i need to reinstall some of my systems i am searching around to get these fixed. Because of that I'll describe now how (makes it for me easier to find the answer next time ;-))

Type in the URL Bar in your Firefox: about:config (If you are using Firefox 3 you can click on the "I'll be careful, i promise!" to go on) and search for:

browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll and set it to true - this will enable the Select on Click function

The next to change will be:
browser.backspace_action change it to 0

bohboh,
kratediggah

No comments: